Membership with CVAA provides the following benefits:
- Access to Members’ Area section on the CVAA/ACAV website which gives you:
- Back issues and articles of the CVAA/ACAV Vascular Access journal and CVAA Link e-newsletter
- Board Meeting and AGM minutes
- Award information
- Membership survey details
- Chapter event information
- Strategic Plan and financial details
- A FREE subscription to the CVAA/ACAV Vascular Access journal published at least 3 times per year
- Discounted fee for the forthcoming CVAA Guidelines
- A FREE copy of the Occlusion Management Guidelines (revised version forthcoming in 2019)
- Reduced fees at the annual conference (Quebec City April 24-26, 2019!) - register here
- Notice of Chapter events and attendance discounts
- Continuing Education Programs and Webinars
- Ability to participate in the Members Q&A on Sosido Forum
- Opportunity to compete and qualify for special awards including:
- Highest Exam Mark
- Certification Champion
- Publications Award
- Conference bursaries, when available
- And many more….
- Become CVAA/ACAV(C) certified! Obtaining CVAA/ACAV certification indicates a higher degree of knowledge and skill in IV therapy. Members who are CVAA/ACAV certified have advanced core knowledge and traditionally are recognized by employers for their expertise. For more information on writing the CVAA/ACAV exam, please contact us at email@example.com or by phone at 1-888-243-9307.
- An opportunity to liaise with other members in the healthcare field, support and promote excellence in vascular access care for Canadians - be a leader in vascular access and infusion therapy!
- CVAA/ACAV pin
CVAA membership is open to ALL nurses registered with their provincial governing body, industry, physicians, paramedics, radiologists and anyone else involved or interested in vascular access and/or infusion therapy.
We are a national non-profit association with representation across Canada. Our membership has also extended to the United States and Bermuda.
Types of Membership:
REGULAR: Any healthcare practitioner or related industry member who is engaged in infusion therapy and/or vascular access in either a full-time or part-time capacity, or those registered nurses who are engaged in a supervisory, educational, administrative or general staff position.
RETIRED: Any individual 55 years or older and retired from infusion therapy and/or vascular access employment.
STUDENT: Any individual enrolled in full-time healthcare studies. Must provide proof of full-time enrollment in an accredited education institution.
|| $110 + HST = $124.30
|New STUDENT Member
|| $55 + HST = $62.15
|New Retired Member
|| $80 + HST = $90.40
||$110 + $30 late fee after Dec. 31 + HST = $158.20