If you do not know when your CVAA(C) Certification expires, log in and check your user profile or email Melissa at email@example.com.
In order to retain CVAA(C) certified status, members must accumulate a minimum of 200 points in the five-year period beginning when they became CVAA(C) certified.
It is the responsibility of each member to record their points each year. If a certified member does not submit their Recertification Points online before the end of their five-year period to indicate the accumulation of the required points, the certified member will be required to rewrite the certification examination and pay the required fee in order to remain certified. It is the responsibility of each member to monitor his/her own recertification points.
CVAA(C) certification becomes invalid if the individual's CVAA annual membership lapses.
You can record your points as you acquire them or at the end of each year. You will receive notification during your year of expiration of your point total to date and a reminder of your expiration date (always December 31 of your 5th year).
• You must obtain a total of 200 recertification points over a five-year period from the date of initial certification.
• Each recertification activity must relate to IV therapy and/or vascular access (the only exception being formal education), be a minimum of 30 minutes, and be earned during your five-year certification term.
• Pre-authorization from CVAA is not required in order for your activities to be eligible.
• The activity can be undertaken outside of Canada. (International opportunities are encouraged.)
• Keep all documents that confirm your attendance at recertification activities. It is not necessary that these documents accompany application for recertification. We suggest that you keep them on hand as random audits may occur.
• Professionally and ethically, you are the best person to make a decision about which continuing education activities you can apply towards your recertification.
RECORD YOUR POINTS HERE
If you have any questions regarding recertification please contact the CVAA National Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Failure to receive a renewal notice does not relieve the candidate the responsibility to apply for certification renewal by the application deadline.