Itis now time to renew your NEOCVAA membership for 2018-2019. Everyone who attended our annual CLE last week has automatically renewed as this was included in the cost of the conference. All others are required to complete the membership form here and send it in with the 10$ annual fee as indicated in order to remain a NEOCVAA member in good standing.
As you know, here are some of the benefits of being a NEOCVAA member:
- Annual CVAA Learning Event (CLE) – an full day of presentations by well-known and recognized speakers from across Canada
- Opportunity to network with peers from your community and area regarding all aspect of intravenous therapy
- Two video-conferences/year, again, with dynamic experts in their fields
- A forum to discuss local issues related to venous access care and maintenance
- Cooperate and liaise as a group to standardize care and maintenance of CVADs in the Northeast
- Connect with local peers via Newsletters sent to all members 3 times a year
- Promote best practice in infusion therapy in Northeastern Ontario
- Opportunity for promotion of professional growth and development in regard to intravenous therapy
- CVAA certified members can accumulate points towards their CVAA re-certification by attending chapter meetings and educational events, or by becoming an executive member of our local chapter
- And more!
We hope that you will remain a member of NEOCVAA and that you will encourage your co-workers to join us as well. Please share this email with your colleagues. We can be reached at email@example.com if you have any questions.
We are looking forward to an exciting year of learning together and improving patient care in the northeast through best practice in vascular access.
2018 Strategic Priority:
Provide membership access to vascular access and infusion therapy educational opportunities.
NEOCVAA scheduled events will align with and support the strategic plan.
Join the NEO CVAA Chapter with the 2017-2018 membership form here.
- September 24, 2018 Full Day CVAA Learning Event (CLE). Get the information here.
- April 17, 2018 - MAID: Medical Assistance in Dying
- January 16, 2018 - Smart Pumps and Their Impact on Patient Safety. You can find the full presentation here.
- The NEO chapter held their full day CVAA Learning Event (CLE) on September 25, 2017 - find out the details in the brochure here
- April 18, 2017
- January 31, 2017 on "No Touch Technique for PICC Dressings" presented by Karen Mallet
- September 26, 2016
- January 19, 2016
- September 21, 2015
- April 21, 2015
- January 20, 2015
- September 22, 2014
- January 21, 2014
- September 23, 2013
Chapter Achievement Award recipients 2015 - NEO CVAA Chapter
Congratulations to the NEO CVAA Chapter for being an exceptional chapter:
- Newsletters sent out 3x/year with content such as event highlights, national facts, Member Spotlight, conference highlights, quizzes
- Offers conference and certification grants
- Created new chapter logo
- CVAA booth on IV Nurses Day
- CVAA Learning Event, OTN, education events, exam writings
The chapter has received media attention in their region. Check out The Sudbury Star article here!
Vice-President Karen Mallet
Check out the latest newsletter from the NEO Chapter here.
- March 2018
- December 2017
- July 2017
- March 2017
- December 2016
- July 2016
- March 2016
- December 2015
- July 2015
- March 2015
- December 2014
- July 2014
- March 2014
- December 2013
- July 2013
- March 2013
- December 2012