Did you know CVAA has a Community Infusion Alliance (CIA) program with a pilot project?
The CIA is a formal organizational unit of CVAA, created and maintained by CVAA members who hold common professional interests. Alliances provide a multidisciplinary forum for learning, resource-sharing, education development, nationwide networking and professional interchange among members.
Each Alliance shall define the mission and purpose of its group, which will guide the development and function of the alliance, which shall be in alignment with CVAA’s mission and vision statements. The guiding mission statement of the CIA is:
To advocate for excellence in infusion therapy in the Canadian community setting through a collaborative multidisciplinary approach.
The overriding objectives of the CIA are:
• To provide a high standard multidisciplinary team approach to home infusion while increasing member engagement
• To provide an opportunity to work collaboratively on projects to assist in advancing CVAA’s mission of advancing excellence in infusion therapy in Canada
• To advise the Board of Directors on matters pertaining to home infusion
• To collect, develop and disseminate recommendations, tools and/or activities concerning home infusion
The first CIA project is:
KVO & Medication Related Occlusions in the Community
• To develop best practice recommendations for KVO with the aim to prevent catheter occlusions related to infusion therapy to improve patient outcomes.
Watch here for forthcoming documents and resources!
If you are interested in a special topic for an Alliance, reach out to Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how we can help.