CVAA is calling a Special By-Election to fill one of the vacant Industry Rep roles on the Board of Directors. There has been an unexpected vacancy and we are calling for applications for the following position:
- 1 Industry Representative (one year only 2018)
Expectations for all Directors are in the Governance Manual here. See the full Role Description below.
Ideal Industry Rep candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Provide professional experience, contacts and industry expertise to the Board
- Provide an industry perspective and insight into Corporate Member priorities
- Sits on the Finance and Marketing Committees
- Contributes strong knowledge of financial matters and financial planning
- Participates in the CVAA marketing plan and execution
- Reviews outcomes and measures the performance and effectiveness of CVAA regularly using metrics created by CVAA for evaluating its impact
- Gives input, and with the rest of the BOD, approves CVAA’s annual budget, quarterly reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Must be a CVAA individual member
Service on the CVAA Board of Directors is without remuneration. For industry reps, all costs of participation as Board member shall be covered by your employer. An in-person Board meeting will take place in Toronto, ON February 2-4, 2018 and we hope that the successful candidate will be able to attend, however, we recognize the short notice of this meeting.
Nominations are due by January 17, 2018 at 4:00pm EST and must be submitted through the CVAA website here. Voting by electronic vote will be open to membership during the week of January 22 - 26, 2018.
Ideal Board candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Understand and demonstrate a commitment to CVAA, our mission and our programs
- Keep up to date with issues and trends that affect the organization
- Prepare for meetings by reading agendas, minutes, reports and other documentation required to actively participate in them
- Contribute skills and knowledge by participating actively in meetings and committee work
- Work collaboratively as a team
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the practice of vascular access/infusion therapy
Some key points and expectations for Board Members for the 2018 term:
- are CVAA(c) certified or obtain the certification within first year of their term.
- Industry representatives are not required to be CVAA(c) certified, however, are welcome and encouraged to do so
- participate in monthly Board meetings by teleconference
- participate in other meetings and activities called by the President for various issues, as required
- attend the CVAA national conference, April 24-27, 2018 in Toronto, ON
- attend an in-person meeting in Toronto, ON (weekend in early February 2018 – exact dates to be confirmed)
Industry Representative (See the full role description here)
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
We hope you will consider submitting your nomination to be a part of the CVAA National Board of Directors!
SUBMIT YOUR NAME HERE