Membership with CVAA provides the following benefits:
1. Access to "Members Only" section on the CVAA website
2. Back issues of the CVAA journal, Vascular Access and CVAA Link e-newsletters
3. Board meeting minutes
4. Hard copy of the Occlusion Management Guideline for CVADs
5. A FREE subscription to the CVAA Vascular Access journal published 3 times per year
6. Reduced fees at the annual conference and CVAA Learning Events at the chapter level
7. Notice of chapter meetings
8. Continuing education programs and CVAA opportunities
9. Opportunity to compete & qualify for special awards, including:
a) Highest Exam Mark Award
b) Poster Presentation Awards
c) Conference Bursaries (when available)
d) Certification Champion Award
e) Chapter Achievement Award
f) Member Referral Award
g) Sosido Participation Award
h) Quiz Master Award
10. An opportunity to liaise with other members in the healthcare field
11. CVAA pin
12. An opportunity to support and promote excellence in vascular access care for Canadians and be a leader in vascular access and infusion therapy
13. Sosido - a weekly email digest summarizing all activity in the CVAA community that includes: updates on all publications authored by CVAA members; a summary of new articles released that week from journals chosen by you; and access to a secure CVAA members-only forum to ask and answer questions.
14. Access to the Members Q&A Forum on Sosido - CVAA members have the highest level of engagement in the Q&A!
CVAA membership is open to ALL nurses registered with their provincial governing body, industry, physicians, paramedics, radiologists and anyone else involved or interested in vascular access and/or infusion therapy.
We are a national non-profit association with representation in each Canadian province and the territories. Our membership has also extended to the United States and Bermuda.
Types of Membership:
REGULAR: Any healthcare practitioner or related industry member who is engaged in intravenous therapy and/or vascular access in either a full-time or part-time capacity, or those registered nurses who are engaged in a supervisory, educational, administrative or general staff position.
RETIRED: Any individual 55 years or older and retired from infusion therapy and/or vascular access employment.
STUDENT: Any individual enrolled in full-time healthcare studies. Must provide proof of full-time enrollment in an accredited education institution.
| Membership Type
| New Member
|| $110 + HST = $124.30
| New STUDENT Member
|| $55 + HST = $62.15
| New Retired Member
|| $80.00 + HST = $90.40
| Renewing Member
|| $110 + $30 late fee + HST = $158.20