In order to retain certified status, members must accumulate a minimum of 200 points in the five-year period beginning in 2012. Anyone who becomes newly certified after 2012, must use the five-year period from their date of certification.
It is the responsibility of each member to record their points each year. If a certified member does not submit their Recertification Points online before the end of their five-year period to indicate the accumulation of the required points, the certified member will be required to rewrite the certification examination and pay the required fee in order to remain certified. It is the responsibility of each member to monitor his/her own recertification points.
CVAA certification becomes invalid if the individual's CVAA membership lapses.
You can record your points as you acquire them or at the end of each year. You will receive notification during your year of expiration of your point total to date and a reminder of your expiration date (always December 31 of your 5th year).
• You must obtain a total of 200 recertification points over a five-year period from the date of initial certification/2012.
• Each recertification activity must relate to IV therapy (the only exception being formal education), be a minimum of 30 minutes, and be earned during your five-year certification term.
• Pre-authorization from CVAA is not required in order for your activities to be eligible.
• The activity can be undertaken outside of Canada. (International opportunities are encouraged.)
• Keep all documents that confirm your attendance at recertification activities. It is not necessary that these documents accompany application for recertification. We suggest that you keep them on hand as random audits may occur.
• Professionally and ethically, you are the best person to make a decision about which continuing education activities you can apply towards your recertification.
• It is recommended you keep a photocopy of your scoresheet to monitor your yearly progress. This will make the application easier and less time-consuming.
RECORD YOUR POINTS HERE
If you have any questions regarding recertification please contact the CVAA National Office at email@example.com.